Adding schedule causes client to crash

evandena

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm having a problem assigning a schedule to a fussy client node. I've used this schedule on dozens of nodes, and this is the only one having a problem. There are three schedules, a daily (backup), weekly (archive), and monthly (archive).

I can assign the weekly and monthly no problem, but when I assign the daily schedule and run a q sched on the client, it will crash with one of these errors:

dsmc.exe caused exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0000000040156893

- or -

Assertion failed: FB_MAGIC(fb) == FB_MAGVAL, file dsmem.cpp, line 1337

I've tried reinstalling the client, but other than that I am out of ideas.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Is this on a virtual environment - MS (not VM Ware) virtual environment?

No, it is a physical Server 2003 x64 cluster node.

Another possibly relevant detail is the daily schedule is using pre and post commands, while the weekly and monthly are not.

Long shot have you try - Uninstalling the daily sched, and only install the weekly? if it's working.. try to add the daily after!

I've tried all sorts of combination... but as soon as teh daily is added, BAM. Crash.

sorry i miss read your post.. i thought it was when you install the weekly that it crash... I supose you are not working with the same dsm.opt?

Another possibly relevant detail is the daily schedule is using pre and post commands, while the weekly and monthly are not.

did you try the daily without the pre and post cmd?

asking cause i got multiple schedule running on win2k3 X64 clusters (Physical node and cluster node) and with TDP's without a glitch.. but i'm not using pre and post command.

what version you are running 5.3 5.4 5.5?

asking cause i got multiple schedule running on win2k3 X64 clusters (Physical node and cluster node) and with TDP's without a glitch.. but i'm not using pre and post command.

what version you are running 5.3 5.4 5.5?

5.5 with clients at 5.5.4

what is doing your pre and post cmd?

The pre is calling a vb script which uses some snap manager commands to mount SQL snapshots for backup.
the post command unmounts them.

Doing this on the majority of our database servers, no problem.

Not much of a fix, but I tried the latest and greatest x64 client and all seems to be well now.

Back