Actlog not recording

chad_small

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.tsmadmin.com
So all of a sudden my SP 8.1.4 server stopped recoding to the actlog. Backups are still running and I can run most queries but Q ACTLOG doesn't return data (neither does a select of the actlog from around 5am going forward) and Q STG hangs. I'm sure restarting the instance would fix it but I have large jobs still running. Anyone else seen this happen on 8.1.x servers?

Yes I have seen this before a few times with 7.1.6 and 8.1.4 but apparently there's no way around it. You gotta restart the instance..

I have seen it, but only when the console is printing out HUGE amount of data that should go to actlog.

I have seen q stg hangs (need to restart dsmadmc to proceed with anything) and some other queries as well, and after restart of ISP server v 8.1.4 it starts answering again. Apparently it is due some database locks. It has happened during some intensive database operations - migration of tape pools to container pool.

I have seen the actlog stop to log when the server starts to run low on memory in older versions. There was typically an error message to that effect in the actlog just before it stops logging.

Back