Accessing two or more nodes on tsm server from one backup-archive client

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspkwa

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have on a tsm server two nodes. How I can access the second node from same machine. If I try to access second node with dsmc command, I get always prompt for my first node, and I do not see any way to switch to second node. If I try to run command dsmc -servername="second server name", I got always error "ANS1217E Server name not found in System Options File", even though I have a second server stanza in my dsm.sys file.

thank you in advance guys.

You can specify an *.opt file as parameter in dsmc command. Copy and modify the existing dsm.opt and use it to start cli. You might have to reset TSM node passwort depending on your password policy.

On Unix there are two ways to access the second node.
1. Use the servername parameter.
ie: dsmc -servername=2nd_servername

In the dsm.opt file does the servername parameter match the servername in the dsm.sys for the 2 node?

2. Use the -optfile, that is if we have a 2nd dsm.opt file.
ie: dsmc -optfile=\path\2nd_dsm.opt

Windows only have the -optfile to access the 2nd node.
There is not a dsm.sys, only a dsm.opt.

Good Luck,
Sias

Thank you guys for reply, but you suggestions don't work. I've tried dsmc -servername=2nd_servername and dsmc -optfile=2nd_server.opt, All in vain, always got error "Server name not found in System Options File"

Are you using Windows or Linux? Why do you need to change server Parameter. In your original post you worte, that you wanne connect to the same TSM server but another node. Therefore you must modifie tsm node parameter in *.opt

I'm using Linux as backup-archive client(RHEL 4 Nahant) and TSM server is on AIX 5.3. My 2 nodes are for 2 DB2 instances. So I have on my Linux server 2 DB2 instances and one instance writes to tsm archive log and backups without problem, and I'd like the same for second db2 instance. But that does not work. Well I have to opt files and one dsm.sys:
1. dsm.opt
SERVERNAME DB2INST1
2. dsm_2.opt
SERVERNAME DB2INST2
3. dsm.sys
SErvername DB2INST1
COMMmethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
TCPServeraddress 10.200.1.45
passworda generate
TCPWindowsize 128
TCPBuffsize 64
errorlogname /home/db2inst1/logs/dsmierror.log

SErvername DB2INST2
COMMmethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
TCPServeraddress 10.200.1.45
passworda generate
TCPWindowsize 128
TCPBuffsize 64
Nodename DB2INST2
errorlogname /home/db2base1/tsm/logs/dsmierror.log

Hi Dspkwa,

In case of Unix clients make sure you have the servername stanza for the second node on the ba/bin/dsm.sys file..Then try the dsmc -se=2ndnodeservername ..It should work ..

Regards,
Mani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back