ABC client with multiple option files to solve differnt retention times

combato

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi Pro's,

I have some old VMS clients that I need to backup. I don't know anything about VMS but I have finally installed the ABC software. I now need to get some help to get two different schemas to run within the ABC client.
The hole system shall be backed up every night with a retention of 3 months. I also need to backup one directory every third month with a retention time of 20 years.

Is it possible to have two option files with two different nodenames? If so, how do I get them to schedule and run using the two differnet option files?
Or is it any other solution on this :confused:

/C

PREDATAR Control23

Yes, setup two TSM nodes. On your client, start separate scheduler listeners pointing to separate option files. Each TSM node will be completely independent of the other. No relation at all.

Search this forum on things like "multiple nodes" or other phrases. Lots of posts about this setup.

PREDATAR Control23

Yes, setup two TSM nodes. On your client, start separate scheduler listeners pointing to separate option files. Each TSM node will be completely independent of the other. No relation at all.

Search this forum on things like "multiple nodes" or other phrases. Lots of posts about this setup.

Thanks for your reply... I have done this a couple of times for "normal" TSM clients, but never a ABC client. Does it really works the same way? Anyone know what steps I need to do in the ABC client? I know nothing about VMS. What commands do I need to run?

/C