7.1.4 BUFPOOLSIZE || SELFTUNEBUFPOOLSIZE

BDMcGrew

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

Anyone have know what the replacement for these options is in 7.1.4? They're nowhere to be found in the help and Google isn't showing me much either - but my reports still say cache hit rate less than 98%, consider adjusting BUFPOOLSIZE.

Thanks,

-b

but my reports still say cache hit rate less than 98%, consider adjusting BUFPOOLSIZE.
What reporting tool do you use? Sounds like it's an older version and it's not aware that this doesn't need to be monitored anymore.

This is the note I'm seeing in the reports:

Issue Condition Recommendation

Database Cache Hit Ratio is too low. 92.3 < 98 Increase bufferpool size value.

What reporting tool should I be using for 7.1.4?

Sounds like you are using the old 5.5 TSM Operational Reporter by the verbage. Just remove that section from the report since it's of no value.

What reporting tool should I be using for 7.1.4?
Depends on your reporting needs and skills. The defacto repoorting tool for TSM is "Reporting and Monitoring". The latest version is now 7.1.3. It's a bit complex to setup, but does come with canned reports.

If your needs are not as complex, then maybe the little amount of reports in the Operation Center are sufficient:
They are not full blown reports, you'd have to write your own SQL queries and your reports are basically the output of that. You could look at Thobias for examples of SQL queries.

There are 3rd party tools out there, but I have not used any so can't comment.

Thanks! Trying to install the 7.1.3 reporting in Windows 2012R2 and the install is failing with repository errors. I've tried downloads from the FTP site and PPA and all the packages are giving me the same error.

((( My hope is someone knows what I'm talking about - if not I'll post screenshots in the morning )))

forget IBM Monitoring Tools since they can't do what you want.
Use *********** instead or some other 3rd party.
Here you can Monitor and configure everything with graphical interface and Reports can cover more than 5.5 Reporting or OC.

Back