5.5 out of support date

jkemmerling

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I know there is nothing listed on the IBM support lifecycle as of yet. Is there any word when 5.5 will go out of support?
Thank you very much,
Jason

PREDATAR Control23

The last time I asked IBM about this (about 10 months ago) is that they don't have any date yet. However, this might have changed.

The reason they gave for the 'no sunset date' was that users (especially banks and big envrionments) are not comfortable on how long an in-place upgrade takes. This is especially difficult to 'understand' when estimated times ranges from 12 to 60 (or more) hours to migrate databases that are 100 GB to 512 GB in size.

An export/import methodology is 'insane to do' as an alternative as this takes a much longer time to achieve.

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

Good question, I've been wondering the same thing for some time now. I'm assuming April 2013 even if that's not the date so we'll have all our servers upgraded before then.

PREDATAR Control23

Given TSM v6.3 was released later on last year, one would assume that end of support for 5.5 would also be announced in similar period in the year. This would be presumably announcement of 'end of support' as oppose to actual end of support which would probably be a year after it was announced.