3584 not removing all offsite media

tony007

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi

can anybody help? I have 3584 library it has a ten tape bulk loader. when I run my offsite tape to tape backups it uses more then ten tapes; for drm, it only ejects ten to the bulk loader, then I have to open the door and grab the other tapes myself.

Cheers

Trying using the REMOVE=UNTILEEFULL option on your MOVE DRMEDIA command:

Untileefull

Specifies that the volume is ejected from the library if there is at least one empty slot in the I/O station. If the volume is ejected from the library, TSM deletes the volume entry from the library inventory. This option applies only to a SCSI library.

If there is an available slot in the I/O station, the volume moves to the next available slot in the I/O station, and TSM issues a message indicating that the volume should be removed from the I/O station, and waits until a REPLY id is issued. If the I/O station is full, the command fails and any remaining eligible volumes are not processed. After removing the volumes from the I/O station, the MOVE DRMEDIA command must be re-issued to process any remaining eligible volumes. The UNTILEEFULL option behaves like the YES option until the I/O station is full.

:cool:

Hi guys. Since we're on the topic of 3584 Libraries . . . I had a question. I just got a brand new loaner in my shop and I need to know if there is anything I need to add/edit in the dsmserv.opt to get the library recognized by the OS. I should mention I'm using TSM Server 5.1.6.3 and LTO2 tape drives, on Solaris 8.

Please help!!!

Thanks!

sERGE

Back