3584 Library VIO slots

rajeshyeleti

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone please let me know how to check the tapes which are in VIO slots.

I can see the the tapes in normal IO slots ...

how do we know those are to be checked in as scratch or private?

can't we list them while in VIO, to confirm the tapes where to go...

offsite or checked in as scratch?

You don't need to know. Always checking scratch first, followed by private.

You can't checkin a private tape as scratch, so the privates are skipped when you checkin scratch.

However, if you were to checkin as private first, it will checkin ALL the tapes as private regardless if they were scratch or private.

So ALWAYS checkin scratch first, then private.

I created Script
That lists
run
SELECT library_name,COUNT(*) AS #_Scratch FROM libvolumes WHERE status='Scratch' GROUP BY library_name

SO I get

LIBRARY_NAME #_SCRATCH
-------------------------------- ------------
TS3310FH_LB 22

or just q libv

Code:
TS3310FH_LB      E00082L6        Private              FSP01          CopyCont-     4,144       LTO
                                                                      ainer
TS3310FH_LB      E00083L6        Scratch                                           4,145       LTO
TS3310FH_LB      E00084L6        Scratch                                           4,146       LTO
TS3310FH_LB      E00085L6        Private              FSP01          CopyCont-     4,147       LTO
                                                                      ainer
TS3310FH_LB      E00086L6        Private              FSP01          CopyCont-     4,148       LTO

I created Script
That lists
run
SELECT library_name,COUNT(*) AS #_Scratch FROM libvolumes WHERE status='Scratch' GROUP BY library_name

SO I get

LIBRARY_NAME #_SCRATCH
-------------------------------- ------------
TS3310FH_LB 22
That only works for tapes already checked in the library. He's asking about tapes that are not yet checked in.

Thank you all,

But , I need the information about the tapes which are in VIO before we checked in to the library.

I need to make sure about those tapes whether they are supposed to go to offsite or not?

Hi,
I always re-assign VIO tapes to the desired logical library, then the state changes to "Slot"

where do you do that " re-assign VIO tapes to the desired logical library "

I don't find any option in GUI/Command line to see the tapes which are in VIO

That only works for tapes already checked in the library. He's asking about tapes that are not yet checked in.
Which is why I previously posted "CHECKIN LIBVOLUME LIBRARY_NAME search=b checkl=b stat=scratch"

That comment was in reference to your select query.

Because he asked "how do we know they are checked in private or scratch" so I said q libv to view this status private or scratch. And also a query I run to count scratch you can run before check-in and after. I can't see what your problem is. He asked two questions how do I check-in scratch from I/O slot AND how do I know they are checked in private or scratch to which I have an answer AND a script to run.

how do we know those are to be checked in as scratch or private?
I may have misunderstood his question. I understood that he wants to know before checkin the tapes in if they are scratch of private. If that's the case, Q LIBVOLUME or a select from LIBVOLUME will not do that. However, if he wants to know after they are checked in, then yes.

Back