3584 Library capacity increase

TSM-Muttly

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi

I have just spent £10000 on the capacity increase for the 3584 library, this allows me to use the storage slot colums on the the door. Since doing this i have redifined the library within TSM however, i can only use two of the four colums on the the door. When runnin lable libvol etc the act log tells me the library is full (Its not)

Has anybody else had this problem? can you offer any advice?

Ive been ripped off!

I have a 3494 library and when adding new capacity we had to configure the robot to learn where the new slots were. I am not sure about the 3584, but it would seem that the libary would need to be reconfigured.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Hi

I have just spent £10000 on the capacity increase for the 3584 library, this allows me to use the storage slot colums on the the door. Since doing this i have redifined the library within TSM however, i can only use two of the four colums on the the door. When runnin lable libvol etc the act log tells me the library is full (Its not)

Has anybody else had this problem? can you offer any advice?

Ive been ripped off!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

£10k for a microcode upgrade, good old IBM you get a 100+ addtional slots which are already in the 3584....

We have gone through this upgrade recently, and all we have to complete was an audit library and all the slots became available instantly.......Does the 3584 via the front panel or Web interface see the slots? Run a inventry on the library, then get TSM to audit....if you still can't see the additional slots call IBM out and get them to confirm that the Mircocode has been accepted properly

;)

Back