2019 Netbackup ?

rowl

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I see no activity here for a few years. I am wondering if anyone has any current experience with the Netbackup appliances. As I understand it when they first came out there were a lot of quality problems. Now that some time has passed, has the platform improved?

I am in the midst of an "Anything but TSM/SP" project and looking at other options. VM backup/recovery of 100's of VM's in hours is one of the goals. So products like Cohesity and Rubrik are on the short list as well.

We are running a POC currently with NetBackup, but I have no prior NetBackup experience so I do not know how it has changed/improved.

I see no activity here for a few years. I am wondering if anyone has any current experience with the Netbackup appliances. As I understand it when they first came out there were a lot of quality problems. Now that some time has passed, has the platform improved?

I am in the midst of an "Anything but TSM/SP" project and looking at other options. VM backup/recovery of 100's of VM's in hours is one of the goals. So products like Cohesity and Rubrik are on the short list as well.

If you need to backup VMs efficiently, try Veeam but be forewarned that it maybe expensive for small footprints

If you have bulk licensing for TSM, why not use SPP as long as you have a block device (storage) to dump the backup; and this setup works well.

Back