2 Netowrking Questions: TSM server node replication and q status shows no ip address>

Aldini

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I have 2 TSM 7.1.6 servers running AIX 7.1.3 (physical lpars on the whole Power 8 box no VIO)
Each server has 5 IP addresses.
ADDR1 = mgt ip address
ADDR2-4 = ip addresses for clients to connect via the dsm.sys tcpipaddress setting diff subnet
AADR5 (all important) = host IP address pointing to a high spped twinned Ethernet link on BOTH servers.
ADDR1 and ADDR5 are on same subnet.

My question:
Q1 How do I ensure source server uses its correct IP address to get to target server correct IP address.

Following the replication documentation
On the source server I define the target server IP address for ADDR5 the high speed link with define server command using its name and the ADDR5 as hladdress

q server, when run from the source, shows the target server name and of its 5 possible addresses it does show the target ADDR5 address.
Query repl server from the source shows the correct IP on the target.
On the target server when I run traceroute to the source IP address it says it uses ADDR5 to get to source ADDR4. Based on traceroute and q replserver can i be assured that the source is indeed sending traffic on its own ADDR4 and not one of its IP on a slow link????

Q2 Q status what is the correct IP address for it to show?
q status
on the source server it shows the IP address of its ADDR5 (not the mgt address)
on the target server it shows no host name or ip address.

So much thanks ...

Well,
I would check host records and default GW on each server ...
probably you have asymmetric routing

Back