1 drive / without DRM licences --> I wanna have OFFSITE TAPES

Rafita

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

With 1 drive and without DRM license, I can not even do BACKUPSETS.
The only solution I had, It was to make many scripts to have a inventory to TAPES and configure an offsite device class and onsite device class. Every backup (for instance monthly) I do in a different TAPE and I check out the tape.

My question is:
Could I get from the activity log, when all the data in a TAPE is expired? In that way, I can know when I have to check in again the tape.
The other thing I don't wanna do it is to keep in my OFFSITE's inventory text file the retention days.

Someone know's if it is possible just looking the logs after the expire inventory?

All the best,

RAFA

RAFA
Sounds like you are using TSM standard edition. In this case - management of media is all you. I would begin by scripting your offsite media so you get a text file of media being sent offsite. Monitor expiration and tape capacity per volume - when your media is 99% reclaimable consider them scratch. From this output you can develop a script for onsite retrieves or taking this information - create an excel spreadsheet and create a macro for data retention values. To recover media you will have to use the combination of your singular drive and adequate diskpool to move / reclaim data as needed.

Back