Access other node data in v.5.5.2.2 B/A client GUI

jackd

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is too long.

I’m running Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition v.5.5.4 on Z/os MVS v 1.11. I recently upgraded my windows work station to Tivoli B/A client v.5.5.2.2 from 5.2.4. My problem is if I start up my work station GUI to access data from other nodes I don’t see any data from the tree structure under the drives. In v.5.2, I was able to open my work station GUI, click FILE, select LOGON and sign on using the Node name of the node I wanted to restore data from, enter my Tivoli admin user ID and enter my Tivoli user ID password. I then could expand the file level to select which drive I wanted to restore data from. Expand the drive folder to see the data. I could restore the data to the original location or to another location. The v.5.5.2.2 B/A client isn’t working the same way. I start up the GUI and click File, select Logon. I enter the Node name of the node I wanted to restore data from, enter my Tivoli admin user ID and enter my Tivoli user ID password. When I click Login it displays the ‘Please enter a valid node name’ error message. I know the node I just entered is a valid node. In v.5.5.2.2, I tried the Utilities tab and selected Access Another Node. I input the node name and selected Set then selected Restore. I expanded the file level to see the drives I could select. I expanded the drives but there were no folders under any of the drives. I then shutdown the GUI and opened the DSM.OPT file on my workstation. I changed the NODENAME parm from my work station to the node I wanted to restore data from and saved the file. I then opened the GUI on my work station and it asked for the password of the node I changed to in the DSM.OPT file. I entered that nodes password and I was able to expand the drive folders and see the tree structure. I then restored data from that node to another location. I read the manual about proxy servers but there are over 200 nodes. Do I have to go that route? There is also authorizing another user to restore or retrieve your files. I've got many clients still on v.5.2. so how would that work? Some of these nodes don't exist but we still have the data for a couple more months. How can I get the GUI to work without changing my DSM.OPT file?

Thanks in advance.