TSM stopped working after kernel upgrade (FreeBSD 6.2)

ej-tsm

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I've been running the Linux TSM-client (5.4.0) under FreeBSD for months without any problems. However after a recent kernel upgrade (about Mid September) the TSM client stopped working. Whatever I try to backup I get the following messages:

tsm> inc /TSM-Backup
Incremental backup of volume '/TSM-Backup'
ANS1228E Sending of object '/TSM-Backup' failed
ANS1063E The specified path is not a valid file system or logical volume name.
tsm>

with "/TSM-Backup" being a snapshot-mounted (/dev/md...) partition of my machine.

Please note that nothing else has changed on the machine - only the kernel/system has been updated!

So here are my questions:

o) Has anybody out there got TSM running under FreeBSd 6.2 and experienced similar problems?

o) What did you do in order to get TSM back running again?

Thanks much in advance for your help,

-ewald

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

I don't have any BA client running on FreeBSD, but ...

You may want to try reinstalling the TSM BA environment. There maybe some dependencies that might have changed.

PREDATAR Control23

I don't have any BA client running on FreeBSD, but ...

You may want to try reinstalling the TSM BA environment. There maybe some dependencies that might have changed.

Hi,

Just did that a minute ago (rm-ed /opt/tivoli and installed everything from scratch) - but the errors remain :mad:

-ewald

PREDATAR Control23

Well, FreeBSD isn't Linux. What do you exactly mean by "kernel upgrade"? Maybe your world is out-of-sync with your kernel now (namely the linux.ko)? Did you change anything in your kernel config?

PREDATAR Control23

Did you ever get this working? If so, how?

Seems related to how TSM is doing "stat" on the filesystem.