Data Domain compatibility with TSM

ravi2104

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Guys,

I would like to know whether DD boost version 5.6 is compatible with TSM version 6.2.x.x
I someone has compatibility matrix for DD with TSM please share me..

PREDATAR Control23

DD Boost DOES NOT work with TSM as there is no API in TSM that leverage DD Boost.

I am using Data Domain with TSM. TSM can use Data Domain, minus the DD Boost part, as devclass=file and VTL for backup (LAN Free or not) if you are replacing a physical library.

The Data Domain is mounted on the TSM server as NFS (Version 3 only) for devclass=file.

PREDATAR Control23

DD-NFS shares can be Version 3 or Version 4 . Tested with TSM server with Linux and AIX.

PREDATAR Control23

DD-NFS shares can be Version 3 or Version 4 . Tested with TSM server with Linux and AIX.

NFS V4 on Data Domain was introduced around 2017 timeframe. I said NFS V3 only due to some other integrating systems that can only use NFS V3.

If the environment is strictly NFS V4 all the way, then use NFS V4

PREDATAR Control23

I have been using DD with TSM for many years, nfs v3, file device class. This technote had some good info https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21470193

There is an nfs boost client now. It is intended for backups of databases other than Oracle, SQL, DB2, like Mongo or Postgres. I have been told it could also be used for TSM but I have never tested it.