DRM - running prepare to send recovery files to anther server

jamesmacd40

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have 2 SP servers running at 8.1.1.100. i want to set up the prepare command to send all of the files it creates to the DR server.

On the Prod side, I defined the DR server
define server DRSERVER password=pwdpwd hla=ipaddress lla=1500 nodename=PRODSERVER

I defined a device class on PRODSERVER
define devc RPLAN_DEVC devtype=server servername=DRSERVER

on the DRSERVER i defined a node
register node PRODSERVER pwdpwd do=DRMDO type=server

on the DRSERVER i also defined a storage pool tied to a file type devclass dedicated to the drm plans

i tested running PREPARE DEVC=RPLAN_DEVC and it worked, HOWEVER, i have no idea how to view the DRM prepare files as when it runs, it creates a volume on DRSERVER called 00000086.bfs.

in the case of DR where PRODSERVER disappears, how am i supposed to get at the recovery instructions that are on this volume??

Thanks

i actually found the answer to this

From the target server issue q rpfcontent volumename nodename=PRODSERVER

All I do is run the prepare cmd's to create the recovery files locally and then use either winSCP (If going between 2 types of OS's) or 'net use <destination sharename>' followed by 'COPY /Y <Source dir>\* <destination share drive letter>, via a scheduled batch file, to copy them over to the DR Server side in their present state.

Example below...

Copy DR Files.bat (Windows > Windows)

net use z: \\srv02\srv01$
copy /Y c:\dr\*.out z:
copy /Y c:\dr\srv01* z:
copy /Y L:\tsminst1\dbbackup\*.dbv z:
copy /Y c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\SERVER1\dsmserv.opt z:\dsmserv\
net use z: /delete

Then use a 2nd scheduled bat file on the destination server pointing to a simple powershell script that remove the files from those copy locations after a certain period, (Same as specified within DRM might be a good idea) so they don't build up and consume the drive space.

NB:// Alternatively, you can also use a baclient at each end to backup the other servers DR folders containing the DB's, volhist, devconf, prepare files etc...

Back