TSM Backup available at two seperate data centers

ja954

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.partners.org
PREDATAR Control23

Hi All,
Looking for some suggestions on making a single nodes data available at two separate data centers.
We have a client running Oracle Their data sets are pretty large. Upwards of 20TB's.
Every 6 months we switch data centers, one becomes active while the other is passive. The after 6 months we switch back.
So I need to find a way for TSM backups to follow this active/passive process.
I've thought about node replication but there is a chance the data on the passive side will need to be written to or read from. That basically rules out node replication.
I've also thought about maybe some kind of node rename process. Not sure how RMAN would like that but at this point willing to give anything a try.

Any help would be appreciated.

JoeA

PREDATAR Control23

You could use hardware replication for the storage and HADR for the Spectrum Protect DB.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/...+using+deduplicated+remote+copy+storage+pools

Thought about that.
The hold back is we're on SP 7.1.7 and both TSM servers that this Oracle box is on have 100's of other nodes on them.
All of those nodes do not need data availability in the same manner as the Oracle box. SO the Oracle node is on TSM17 and TSM18. Both TSM servers are stand alone.