TDPSQL backup Schedules

shadab

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Dear Techies,

earlier with the help of TRIDENT, I set up my tdp for sql backup with following details:

IAM using legacy method for backup.

tdpnodeA for daily backup retention of 7 days (daily full backup)
tdpnodeB for daily backup retention of 12 weeks (weekly full backup - 12 version)
tdpnodeC for daily backup retention of 7 days (monthly full backup)

as instructed before i created 03 tdpsql.opt files for each type of backup.

NowIi have to define 03 schedules to runs on a daily , weekly and first week of every month for monthly full backups.

in Aix environment, for tdp oracle backup, its very easy for us to define the schedule on tsm server and using object parameter i can run the script.

In tdpsql guide, they says create service using "dsmcutil install cad /name ............" and it will run my backup.

in my tdpsql.opt files, "SCHEDMODE POLLING " is set. (should i need to change it to prompted)?

my question is:
1. as per my understanding I have to define schedule on tsm server using enhanced option and set schedule to run on particular days of weeks and week of month option.

2. should i need to define windows cad service on the client machine?
3. if yes, I have to create 3 cad service on client machine point to different tdpsql.opt files (for daily weekly and monthly backups)
3. if yes, how can i set the services to run on particular time on selected days and week of the months.

In short, which is the easiest way to define and run my schedule on daliy weekly monthly basis.

waiting for your reply...

thanks.