At the organization in TS3310 some new logical library, TSM server loses touch with old

Kventin

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
There is a TSM server on SUSE.
All drives TS3310 are connected by FC.

We have added two new drives
This two new drives selected in new logical library are separated in the FC switch and also are not visible in operating system of TSM server and by the utility (itdt).

Problem: as soon as I organize new logical library - TSM server loses touch with drives of old logical library.

ANR8457I AUDIT LIBRARY: Operation for library IBM_TS3310 started as process 19.
ANR8300E I/O error on library IBM_TS3310 (OP=C0386C0B, CC=200, KEY=FF, ASC=FF, ASCQ=FF,
SENSE= **NONE**,
Description=The device indicated a failure condition, but sense data was unavailable). Refer to the
&STGM; documentation on I/O error code descriptions.
ANR8460E AUDIT LIBRARY process for library IBM_TS3310 failed.
ANR0985I Process 19 for AUDIT LIBRARY running in the BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE at 02:28:59 PM.

What I do not correctly?

Check the 3310 control paths for your logical libraries. When you added the new drives/reconfigured the logical libraries did you stop the TSM server? At the very least take the paths/drives offline. I have had issues working with my two TS3310's and their logical libraries when TSM was running, and same issue with other backup software that was running... If you can, I dare say a full reboot of the server to rewalk the bus. I found the best way to modify the 3310 is when nothing is even looking at it :)

Once that is done, check out q path and q drive within TSM to make sure everything is online.
Hope it helps.

Back