Exclude/Include Issue in TSM 7.1

jssanche

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello!

I need help to configure the EXCLUDE/INCLUDE options in the dsm.opt file. I need to back up a single directory named "C:\ DBEXPORT \ *. *", it has around 188 MB, but my "TSM SCHEDULE BACKUP" task is backing up 800 MB, I have tried everything, no success. This is my dsm option file...

EXCLUDE "*:\..\*"
EXCLUDE "C:\WINDOWS\...\*"
exclude.systemobject sysfiles
INCLUDE "C:\DBEXPORT\...\*"
DOMAIN "\\ServerName\c$" -SYSTEMSTATE

Thanks in advance.

PREDATAR Control23

Just curious. Did we stop and restart the schedule service after updating the dsm.opt file?

Good Luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

Do you have any client options on the server that are defined to the client that could be overriding your include/exclude?
Also, not sure if doing a DOMAIN "\\ServerName\c$" is correct. See this doc:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowled...1.2/com.ibm.itsm.client.doc/r_opt_domain.html
I think you may be better served something like
DOMAIN C: -STSTEMSTATE

What does a" q fi <node_name> " show?
Anything extra other than the C: drive?

Also look at the dsmsched.log after a backup runs. Should tell you what its backing up and size.

Hope it helps!

PREDATAR Control23

Update your backup schedule and put: object="C:\DBEXPORT"

That way, your include/exclude won't matter, it will backup just that directory. It's even better because otherwise, if your exclude work, it would backup all directories and only files in C:\DBEXPORT\

PREDATAR Control23

Hello Marclant,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I tried the OBJECTS option without any success, because the SCHEDULE is only backing up the C:\DBEXPORT\ directory (an empty directory) and none objects (files or subdirectories) under this directory.

The OBJECTS=C:\DBEXPORT\* is backing up all subdirectories under C:\DBEXPORT directory, but none files under each subdirectories. Again the SCHEDULE is backing up empty folders or directories.

It looks like the OBJECTS options only work if you define the complete path to the file (or the files), just like ...

OBJECTS='"C:\DBEXPORT\FILE1.DAT" "C:\DBEXPORT\FILE2.DAT" "C:\DBEXPORT\FILE3.DAT"'

Thanks in advance...

PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

The schedule was update to include the -SUBDIR=YES in the OPTIONS parameter and everything is working OK.

Thanks in advance.