Query Node without Filespace

TaSMania

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I copy all nodes to different server and want to make sure all of them started backing up. I want to see which didn't. Another word empty file space so I can trouble shoot why. I don't think you could Q N w/o files space without sql command.
Could someone help me achieve this task?

bkp: select .......... something.

thank you,
what's the different with this command I just got from marclant:
Code:
select (node_name) from nodes where node_name NOT IN (select distinct(node_name) from filespaces where nodes.node_name=filespaces.node_name)
which i'm not sure if it worked because I saw whole bunch of message when I tried to out to temp directory > /tmp/

Code:
select distinct node_name, physical_mb, logical_mb, filespace_id from occupancy order by node_name

That didn't work. I want only NODES that has NEVER backup or LAST BACKUP START/COMPLETE is empty.

Code:
select distinct node_name, physical_mb, logical_mb, filespace_id from occupancy order by node_name

That didn't work. I want only NODES that has NEVER backup or LAST BACKUP START/COMPLETE is empty.

marclant has the qualifier for nodes that have NO backup, and should work.

With my select, you need to do more leg work

Try this, it's simpler.
Code:
select cast(name as char(30)),endtime from tsmgui_allcli_grid order by endtime desc

That will give you all nodes with the date of the last backup. If the endtime is empty, it never backed up.

Edit to add: Will only work if status monitoring is enabled.

This didn't work either. At least not what i'm looking.
Q N on one of listed, shown backup last night and there's NAME listed from the query that is not even listed as node or at least didn't show up when I Q N it.
Try this, it's simpler.
Code:
select cast(name as char(30)),endtime from tsmgui_allcli_grid order by endtime desc

Looking for something like this:

Q N * with either capacity=n/a or last backup start date/time=n/a, if this column is empty I know for sure it hasn't START backup.

This didn't work either. At least not what i'm looking.
You must not have status monitoring enabled and/or have an out of support version (or will be out of support on April 30).

Q N * with either capacity=n/a or last backup start date/time=n/a, if this column is empty I know for sure it hasn't START backup.
Query Node doesn't track either of those things.

My initial query works on my system. I have 60 nodes without a filespace, 11 with a filespace, and 71 in total.

Code:
Protect: SERVER1>select count(node_name) as "Node count" from nodes 

Node count
------------

Protect: SERVER1>select count(node_name) as "Nodes with filespace" from nodes where node_name IN (select distinct(node_name) from filespaces where nodes.node_name=filespaces.node_name)

Nodes with filespace
---------------------

Protect: SERVER1>select count(node_name) as "Nodes without filespace" from nodes where node_name NOT IN (select distinct(node_name) from filespaces where nodes.node_name=filespaces.node_name)

Nodes without filespace
------------------------

Last edited:
My initial query gives you the list of nodes that never started a backup as a filespaces gets created when they start backing up a filesystem for the first time.

This query will give you the list of nodes that never finished a backup or hasn't backed up in 7 days:
Code:
select cast(node_name as char(25)) as NODENAME,min(BACKUP_END) as "LAST COMPLETED BACKUP" from filespaces where backup_end is null or backup_end>timestamp(current_date)-(7)days group by node_name order by min(backup_end) desc

could my parameter cause my issue?

sudo dsmadmc -se=isp1 -comma -dataonly=yes

I will try the first query again without -comma and -dataonly

Edit: add-on: So how to check if monitoring you speak of is enable or not? nothing in Q STAT

could my parameter cause my issue?
Unrelated.

I will try the first query again without -comma and -dataonly
For testing purposes, try the queries in the admin command line interface first. If it works, then you can work your way up to a batch job.

So how to check if monitoring you speak of is enable or not? nothing in Q STAT
Remember, you need a current server version, not one that is EOS. And QUERY MONITORSETTINGS to see if it's on or not.

Not sure what i did wrong other than this time I removed -comma and -dataonly but I think I got what I needed.
I output to excel delimited worksheet and compare.

Not sure how I missed this in my 7.1 reference guide, but thanks.

QUERY MONITORSETTINGS
Session established with server ISP002: Linux/x86_64
Server Version 7, Release 1, Level 7.0
Server date/time: 04/28/2017 10:10:08 Last access: 04/28/2017 10:04:58

Monitor Status: On
Status Refresh Interval (Minutes): 10
Status Retention (Hours): 24
Monitor Message Alerts: On

Back