How to tell size of a certain folder in an archive?

Tomlinson85

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all

I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere, I cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for.
I have an archive of data, in the TSM gui I can see that it is around 500 gb. But I have a folder within the archive that I need to know the size of. For instance:

\\nodename\data\folder

I need to know just the size of "folder" and any subdirectories.

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

PREDATAR Control23

I am using q ar "\\nodename\data\folder" -subdir=yes and the size is showing 0 bytes.

PREDATAR Control23

I am using q ar "\\nodename\data\folder" -subdir=yes and the size is showing 0 bytes.
That's because that's querying the size of the directory, and the directory always takes 0 bytes of space on the TSM Server, you are looking for the size of the content of the directory.
Try:
Code:
q ar "\\nodename\data\folder\*" -subdir=yes -querysummary
The querysummary option will give you a summary with those details at the bottom.

PREDATAR Control23

That's because that's querying the size of the directory, and the directory always takes 0 bytes of space on the TSM Server, you are looking for the size of the content of the directory.
Try:
Code:
q ar "\\nodename\data\folder\*" -subdir=yes -querysummary
The querysummary option will give you a summary with those details at the bottom.

Cheers mate. exactly what I needed, thanks a million

PREDATAR Control23

Wonderful.
Exactly what I needed, just a question. I have in these folders hundreds of thousand of files. How can I skip listing them and jump right into summary?

Thanks!