Change 'copy destination' for copygroup

combato

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi Pro's

I tried to find answer to what will happened when you change the copy destination of a copygroup but I did not find what I was looking for.

1. If I change the copy destination for a copygroup to some other stgpool than the present, what will happened to data that has already been backed up to the old stgpool? Can I restore this data without any problem? Will the retention time stay unchanged? Other things to think about?
  2. The current stgpool that the copy destination points to is of data format 'NetApp Dump' and the new format is 'Native'. Is there any things I need to think about that will make the data that has been backed up to the old stgpool?
The reason I want to change copy destination is that I earlier have been running NDMP in node scoped mode, but I now have started to run NDMP via CAB (non-node-scoped mode) and need to have a native stgpool to make this backup possible.

/C

PREDATAR Control23

I tried to find answer to what will happened when you change the copy destination of a copygroup but I did not find what I was looking for.
HELP UPDATE COPYGROUP:
upload_2017-4-18_8-57-1.png

This means it's only used during the backup for the data currently being backed up.

If I change the copy destination for a copygroup to some other stgpool than the present, what will happened to data that has already been backed up to the old stgpool?
Nothing.
Can I restore this data without any problem?
Yes as far as the data is concerned. However not sure how you are doing your NDMP change, I don't know if you will need to switch back to "node scoped mode" to read old data. I just don't know.
Will the retention time stay unchanged?
Yes, unless you changed it.
Is there any things I need to think about that will make the data that has been backed up to the old stgpool?
Not sure what you mean by that.

PREDATAR Control23

Sorry for my delay answering you. Thank you!
(Yes I did need to change the NDMP mode to node-scoped ndmp if I want to restore)