Delete node data

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Does anyone know of a way to delete node data that sits on a storage pool? Data is SQL backup.

Here is the scenario:

I have a node that has data on two different storage pools. I want to delete data from one Storage pool. Waiting for retention to kick in is not an option.

Does someone know of a direct way or a DB2 way to do this?

PREDATAR Control23

If you can single them out in a select query, you could get the object ID and create a macro that does:
delete obj 1234
delete obj 5678
etc...

Or you could do a move nodedata from so that data is on specific volume(s), and do a delete volume discardata=yes for those volumes.

PREDATAR Control23

As it turned out, it would be simple - I dug deeper and realized that my backups are collocated by node. So it means that a volume is occupied by only one node. It is then a matter of deleting related volumes.

However, if reclamation runs, it is possible that the volume from the older storage pool can be holding newer data. The likelihood of this happening is significant. Thus, OBJECT deletion should be the best option as mentioned by marclant.

Comments?

PREDATAR Control23

Edited to remove destructive command as it's no longer needed.

PREDATAR Control23

However, if reclamation runs, it is possible that the volume from the older storage pool can be holding newer data.
Reclamation doesn't move data across pools. Unless you meant migration