Operations center maintenance

StiffBoard

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Getting used to Operations center and think it's getting really good. Even the command builder works pretty good most of the time.

Used to have some administrative tasks that has no schedules anymore and the scripts are no longer on the server, or are they...? Can't seem to get a clean Maintenance view. All the old tasks are still in the view but no schedule and they haven't run for the last 14 days. Is there a way to clean up these or when can I expect them to be gone?

PREDATAR Control23

the scripts are no longer on the server, or are they...?
Do you mean do your script exists? If so, issue the Q SCRIPT command either from the command builder or the administrative command line client (dsmadmc) and see if they exist.
Or do you mean can you see your script in the OC? You can't view or edit scripts in the OC, at least not at this point. However in the Maintenance view, it one of the maintenance task was a script, click the blue arrow next to the task to expand the script.
Can't seem to get a clean Maintenance view. All the old tasks are still in the view but no schedule and they haven't run for the last 14 days.
What do you mean by that? The Maintenance view shows the history of when the various processes have last run and their status. You can't clear the history, it's kept for 14 days. You currently can't view/edit/create/delete administrative schedules in the Operation Center. You need to use Q SCHED T=A and Q EVENT T=A to manage them.

PREDATAR Control23

Do you mean do your script exists? If so, issue the Q SCRIPT command either from the command builder or the administrative command line client (dsmadmc) and see if they exist.
Or do you mean can you see your script in the OC? You can't view or edit scripts in the OC, at least not at this point. However in the Maintenance view, it one of the maintenance task was a script, click the blue arrow next to the task to expand the script.

What do you mean by that? The Maintenance view shows the history of when the various processes have last run and their status. You can't clear the history, it's kept for 14 days. You currently can't view/edit/create/delete administrative schedules in the Operation Center. You need to use Q SCHED T=A and Q EVENT T=A to manage them.

I've deleted all scripts but two, and I got two administrative schedules left that is run each morning. But all the old scripts and commands that was run is still in the Maintenance view. Even though they haven't run for more than 14 days. I was hoping they wasn't visible after not have being started for 14 days. My Maintenance view is really messy right now.

Wondered if perhaps schedules and scripts were inactive and hidden instead of being deleted.

PREDATAR Control23

But all the old scripts and commands that was run is still in the Maintenance view.
Even if the script is deleted, if it ran in the past, it's still part of the task history.

How old is your oldest entry in the Maintenance View?
Is it older than your "Activity Summary Retention Period" in Q STATUS?

PREDATAR Control23

Not sure why jobs were still visible even after 14 days, but now some time later, it's clean. Case closed.