back up one drive weekly and rest daily?

JarapanthiM

Newcomer
Reaction score
hello to all

Am wondering how to set up this scenario.

Most backups I use I have client option set for set up on the server. there are three key drives on each client I back up.

there is a special client I have that needs a 4th drive backed up. but I only want that backed up incrementally once per week.

however I do not see a way to back this up once per week. can it be set up on the client itself? client scheduler does not give me option to set a weekly backup. i am assuming I can add the drive letter for the 4th drive in my option set under domain and the other 3 drives will be taken care of by option set on server. but how does one set up a weekly backup instaed of daily backup on this client.

thanks and regards.

Marclant's option works but the issue will be how are you keeping the 4th drive from backing up during the weekday backups? The best way to facilitate this would be to have 2 nodes defined and have the weekday node do the 3 drives (have only those 3 defined in the DOMAIN statement) and then have the second node handle the 4th drive only. Then you can either setup a scheduler and schedule just for the weekly backup or you could have the main scheduler execute a batch file that runs the backup for the 4th drive node. I have had to do something similar for a remote server where 1 drive was 8TB and needed to be broken out from the main drives since it runs FOREVER! and cannot be on a daily schedule.

Node Name
-------------------------
US45FILE <- Normal node
US45FILE.G-DRIVE <- 4th drive node

Marclant's option works but the issue will be how are you keeping the 4th drive from backing up during the weekday backups?
Don't include the 4th drive in the DOMAIN option in the option file and have it "OBJECT=/fs4" in the 2nd schedule

Or don't even use the DOMAIN option and have:
Or schedule one has: OBJECT=/fs1, /fs2, /fs3
And schedule two has: OBJECT=/fs4

The best way to facilitate this would be to have 2 nodes defined and have the weekday node do the 3 drives (have only those 3 defined in the DOMAIN statement) and then have the second node handle the 4th drive only.
More nodes makes it harder to manage in my opinion. And the DOMAIN option is only really used when the action=incremental and object is not specified. If you specify an object, that's what is getting backed up, not the filespaces specified in the domain option.

Back