Suse On power -TSM client

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi guys,

iam trying to install Tsm 8.1 Cleint os suse( LinuxPPc) on IBM Power server, when i download package it only have APi dose not have baclient. now what should ? will api help to run backup with out BAlcient?

Rdgs,
Bharani

PREDATAR Control23

Hi Marclant,

Thank you for the reply,

i want to take backup from suse(LinuxPPC) is it ok with API installed? if i configure scheduler in TSMserver will client run with out baclient? there is not package for Baclient in big endian architecture.

Thankyou in advance.

Rdgs,
Bharani

PREDATAR Control23

Hi Marclant,

Thank you for the reply,

I have download same package but it has only have API there is no BA client on it

pls see the below link
http://prntscr.com/eaysrw

Rdgs,
Bharani

PREDATAR Control23

hi marclant,

thank you for the reply,

client using sap hana and taking backup using hana backup studio and put that backup file on mount point now tsm need to take that backup and put in tape drive

now how do i process ? with out ba client

Thankyou in advance

Rdgs,
Bharani

PREDATAR Control23

client using sap hana and taking backup using hana backup studio and put that backup file on mount point now tsm need to take that backup and put in tape drive

now how do i process ? with out ba client
Use Spectrum Protect Data Protection for SAP HANA (if available, I did not look up the requirements). Or use the 7.1 Baclient.

PREDATAR Control23

ba client 7.1 communicate 8.1 TSM server ? i have installed api 8.1 so it will work or do i need to install same version of ba client ?

PREDATAR Control23

You may use 7.x clients with 8.1 server - no problem.
It look like there will be no new BA clients for Linux on POWER Big Endian, only for LE. So, you have to use older client. But, it will work just as fine as new.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi mita,

i have installed 7.X client and its working fine. ya even ibm team said there is no baclient for BE.

PREDATAR Control23

The latest i found is LinuxPPC 7.1.6 which has both ba and api
I used that with Data Protection for SAP HANA 8.1.0.0

If you do not want the BA client then there is LinuxPPC big Endian API 8.1 but it will install only the api and will not install with 7.1.6 BA

PREDATAR Control23

i have installed 7.1.6 ba client and its working fine

we can close the topic