Fastback4Workstation upgrade

TaSMania

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

so I have 2,500 VW that is being backup to Client server TSM001. They are all Windows 7 with FB4W 6.3 installed. I want to install updates to all of them without manually logging in to each and individual 2,500 times. How would I go about doing that?
Researched: I have several options.

• Use Microsoft Systems Management Server to install the Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations.msi package. See Microsoft Systems Management Server documentation.
  • Place the installer on a file server and ask users to start the installer

The 2nd one seems to be right one to use but I couldn't find the application itself on the URL.

also heard by using FB CAC, I just couldn't find any document. IBM tech keep sending me URL to a page that I just don't understand other then just give me the pdf.

any help very much appreciated in advance.

PREDATAR Control23

Wow, I posted this thread back in Feb of last year and now just getting started.
Current: Server 2008, CAC 7.1

Targetting: Server 2012 CAC 8.1

stuck and confused on the configuration part. Administration Setting -> Script: On this page, I set it exactly same as current server 2008. Script doesn't show any thing, I assumed we just skip this step?
The last step for configuration is setting java memory in C:\IBM\Tivoli\Tipv2_fbws\bin but I don't have that directory.

So anyone out there can provide simple solution to migrate?

Also, how do I delete or edit the initial first posting?