ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
we can use 2 schedule time for a client in tsm
for example I want backup client all day at 12:00:00 pm
but sunday I want to backup at 04:00:

PREDATAR Control23

I will define 2 schedules and then restart the dsmsched on aix server?
I do this but I see 1 schedule time in dsmsched.log.

PREDATAR Control23

I do this but I see 1 schedule time in dsmsched.log.
In the dsmsched.log, at any given time, you only see the next schedule. TSM Scheduler queries the server for schedule every 12 hours (or queryschedperiod), when it's restarted and at the end of every schedule. When it queries, it will show the next one on the dsmsched.log.

PREDATAR Control23

Use the DEFINE SCHEDULE command to define a client schedule. Tivoli® Storage Manager uses this schedule to automatically perform a variety of client operations for your client workstation at specified intervals or days. After you define a schedule, use the DEFINE ASSOCIATION command to associate the client with the schedule.

You must start the client scheduler on the client workstation for Tivoli Storage Manager to process the schedule.

Not all clients can run all scheduled operations, even though you can define the schedule on the server and associate it with the client. For example, a Macintosh client cannot run a schedule when the action is to restore or retrieve files, or run an executable script. An executable script is also known as a command file, a batch file, or a script on different client operating systems.

Tivoli Storage Manager cannot run multiple schedules concurrently for the same client node.

Privilege class
To define a client schedule, you must have system privilege, unrestricted policy privilege, or restricted policy privilege for the policy domain to which the schedule belongs.