TSM server 6.3.6.000 issues

zforray

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Anyone install 6.3.6.00 server (mine is Linux) and experience any issues, in particular with expiration?

I upgraded one server on Tuesday, from 6.3.5.100 due to issues with replication that are address in 6.3.6.000. Wednesday evening I started getting alerts about the active log >80%. At this point, expiration had been running for 30+ hours (it normally finishes in an hour or so).

Fortunately, a DB backup cleared most of the log but expiration refuses to stop. Tried both 'cancel expiration' and 'cancel proc'. It acknowledged the cancel but wouldn't die.

This morning I was alerted the log >80 percent and a DB backup wouldn't clear things and the expiration was still hung. I had to bounce the server.

Expiration kicked off after I bounced the server today and is still running saying it has only processed 2-nodes after 4+ hours. I hesitate attempting to cancel it until further diagnostics can be performed.

I was going to upgrade all my servers to 6.3.6.000 but am holding off due to this situation.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

PREDATAR Control23

The second link I already found and discounted. As I mentioned, expiration has never been a problem until after 6.3.6.000.

However, the first link is a possibility. I didn't know the replication retention could factor into this. But I wouldn't think expiration would run indefinitely due to it. We have just started running replication on this server but the initial replication has been taking soooo long and filling the active/arch logs so I have been forced to cancel them and restart them later.

As I dig more into swg21671819, I don't think this is it. We haven't run replication more than 10-times on this server so there hasn't been 30-days worth of replication data. The rest of the "diagnostic" info in this "apar" also doesn't jive - show threads for me doesn't show the same info.

Also, I am still stuck unable to cancel the expiration process. Isn't there a CANCEL PROC n FORCE option hidden out there? I was hoping to not have to bounce this server, again and if I do, I still can't get expiration to run!

PREDATAR Control23

FWIW, I have opened a PMR with IBM. Performing some tracing for them and then the L1 guy has bumped me to I guess a higher-level (Req to BE) and waiting to hear from them.

PREDATAR Control23

FWIW, I have opened a PMR with IBM. Performing some tracing for them and then the L1 guy has bumped me to I guess a higher-level (Req to BE) and waiting to hear from them.

What did you find out from IBM? I'm getting ready to apply this patch as well and would like to know whether this is an inherent 6.3.6 issue.