TDP Oracle on AIX

Alnemer

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

dears ,
I would like to know if there is any martials which explains , how I can install TDP Oracle on AIX or Unix and configure all necessary files to integrate with Spectrum Protect , I google it but it a bit default to me to understand . so please advise

PREDATAR Control23

thanks for your reply Marclant , i'm already check this like before , but this is not what i'm looking for , I can use the redbook where I will find the same steps , which maybe not suits me , I'M kindly asking if someone summarized it in number of steps & briefly explaining each one .

PREDATAR Control23

Hi ,

First thing you need to understand while configuring TDP Oracle is , TSM is not only tool here that is used .

> RMAN ( recovery manager from ORACLE ) is the main backup tool which is used to backup oracle database.

> As far as RMAN is concerned TSM is simply a tape device that it uses to write data.

> What RMAN does is it knows and fully understands how oracle backup functions and takes backup of oracle database as per DB teams settings and uses TSM to write to it.

> So what TDP for oracle does is it emulates itself like a tape device so that RMAN can use TSM to write data to TSM's tapes and disk.

> The rest are all just configuration that you do as per TSM's runbook ( i know it looks like a big document but the actual configuration content is small )

PREDATAR Control23

thank you all for your responds, I will try & of course will get back to you in case I need more classifications .