Change MVDRMEDIA Within a Script

buster99

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello, can I update the existing mvdrmedia process within a script to run once a week ? I only need the tapes to be pulled from the library on Tuesdays, so instead of having them eject daily, I would like to have them only eject each Tuesday. Here is the mvdrmedia step with in our daily backup process...

F1194_RUN_MVDRMEDIA () {
########################################################################
# F1194_RUN_MVDRMEDIA
# What - run the movedrmedia macro
# Parameters: None

F050_Log "Notice: Running the movedrmedia macro."

/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64/dsmadmc -id=$ID -pa=$PA macro /tsm/scripts/movedrmedia.macro

F050_Log "Notice: movedrmedia completed."

} # END F1194_RUN_MVDRMEDIA

Can I change it with CRON type settings ?

Or would it be best to comment it out of the existing script and create a new cron job to eject on Tuesday ?

F1194_RUN_MVDRMEDIA () {
# F1194_RUN_MVDRMEDIA
# What - run the movedrmedia macro
# Parameters: None

F050_Log "Notice: Running the movedrmedia macro."

30 14 * * 2 /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64/dsmadmc -id=$ID -pa=$PA macro /tsm/scripts/movedrmedia.macro

F050_Log "Notice: movedrmedia completed."

} # END F1194_RUN_MVDRMEDIA

Thank you

Can I change it with CRON type settings ?

Or would it be best to comment it out of the existing script and create a new cron job to eject on Tuesday ?
The best answer to those is neither. Ideally, it would be best to manage all that from withing TSM using scripts and admin schedules. Makes troubleshooting much harder if a job fails because you have to check both outside and inside TSM to see why the external script failed.

Without knowing what your macro does, can't tell you what modifications are needed.

Back