Create a filelist of archived data with a specific description

waelti

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello guys,
is it possible, to generate a filelist of an archive, which has a specific description?
For example the description of the archive is "Archive Date: 2016-07-23 Ticket 123456"
All I found of archived files in the database is the table name ARCHIVES.
There is the FILESPACE_NAME, TYPE, HL_NAME, LL_NAME
The strings in HL_NAME and LL_NAME are always in capital letters, independently of the original filename.
I didn't find, where the description and the real filename is deposited.
My aim is, that I export a filelist of a specific description in this format:
"\\IN-NETAPP\dok\IT\Team\Documentation\ProeLizenz.xls"
but apparently I'm too dumb. Can anybody give me support?

Kind regards

PREDATAR Control23

What version of TSM server are you using?
I'm running version 7.1.3 and under the "ARCHIVES" I have "LL_NAME" which shows the "real" filename (not in capital letters) and "DESCRIPTION" (which usually contain the archive date).
So if you want to look for your file you will need: select * from archives where ll_name='ProeLizenz.xls'

PREDATAR Control23

I'm running version 7.1.3 and under the "ARCHIVES" I have "LL_NAME" which shows the "real" filename (not in capital letters) and "DESCRIPTION" (which usually contain the archive date).
BaR, I think what waelti is looking for is to have FILESPACE_NAME, HL_NAME and LL_NAME combined into one. So instead of "select filespace_name,hl_name,ll_name...", have the equivalent of: "select (filespace_name+hl_name+ll_name) ..." Of course that syntax is not good, but my point was just to illustrate that he is looking for the 3 fields to be combined into 1 in the output, so that it looks like:
Code:
Full filename
---------------------------------
\\IN-NETAPP\dok\IT\Team\Documentation\ProeLizenz.xls
Instead of like:
Code:
FILESPACE_NAME      HL_NAME                    LL_NAME
-----------------   -------------------------  ----------------
\\IN-NETAPP\dok     \IT\Team\Documentation\    ProeLizenz.xls

On my 7.1.6 servers, Windows clients have their HL_NAME and LL_NAME in all uppercase. Unix clients are in the original case because Unix filenames are case-sensitive. Windows filenames aren't. When retrieving, the original casing of the filename is in the metadata, so the file is still retrieved properly.

Reactions: BaR
PREDATAR Control23

Hi, marclant is right :)
The TSM Server version is 5.5.7, end of this year we will upgrade to 7.1.6
On 5.5.7 there is no field DESCRIPTION, so I can´t export filenames of a special description.
The only fields I have, are NODE_NAME, FILESPACE_NAME ,FILESPACE_ID ,TYPE ,LL_NAME, OBJECT_ID, ARCHIVE_DATE, OWNER, CLASS_NAME
A lot of archives are from Linux, so I need the filenames case sensitive.

PREDATAR Control23

So instead of "select filespace_name,hl_name,ll_name...", have the equivalent of: "select (filespace_name+hl_name+ll_name) ..."

Is there a way combining the output with the select statement like this on the TSM or was it just for the explanation?

PREDATAR Control23

Is there a way combining the output with the select statement like this on the TSM or was it just for the explanation?
Just an explanation of what I understand he's trying to do, this doesn't work in SQL (TSM or others). I'm sure there is a SQL function to do this, but I don't know it. The OP could try Googling: combining fields in SQL output

PREDATAR Control23

Code:
select filespace_name||hl_name||ll_name as "Full name", description from archives where ...

Reactions: BaR
PREDATAR Control23

When I use the select command and redirect the output to a file, I have 2 problems:
1. each line is only 17 chars long, so that a complete filename with path is several lines long:
\\amanda\fem\DIPL-
OMARBEITEN\2011\-
PMI\VARIANTEN\02-
5\AU461_PA_HA_10-
002002.INC.GZ
How can I change the lenght oft the line to "unlimited"?
2. all characters are in upper case, I need the original name. With the OBJECT_ID I find a field FILE_HEXNAME, but there are only capital letters too. Where ist the original filename hidden?

PREDATAR Control23

When I use the select command and redirect the output to a file, I have 2 problems:
1. each line is only 17 chars long, so that a complete filename with path is several lines long:
\\amanda\fem\DIPL-
OMARBEITEN\2011\-
PMI\VARIANTEN\02-
5\AU461_PA_HA_10-
002002.INC.GZ
How can I change the lenght oft the line to "unlimited"?
Do it from the an OS prompt/console:
dsmadmc -id={your tsm admin id} -pa={your tsm admin password} -outfile={path and name of output file} "select ... "
2. all characters are in upper case, I need the original name. With the OBJECT_ID I find a field FILE_HEXNAME, but there are only capital letters too. Where ist the original filename hidden?
On my 7.1.6 servers, Windows clients have their HL_NAME and LL_NAME in all uppercase. Unix clients are in the original case because Unix filenames are case-sensitive. Windows filenames aren't. When retrieving, the original casing of the filename is in the metadata, so the file is still retrieved properly.