I can't find the volumes in library

Mahesh

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all,

My tape volumes are inside the TSM library but when I am doing "q libvol" I am
not getting some volumes in the list, But i am getting volumes in "q vol". But when i run "q libvol" i am not getting. When i check tape library in GUI. There is volumes. Which volumes are missed in "q libvol" those volumes shows.
Device Estimated Pct Volume
Class Name Capacity Util Status
---------- --------- ----- --------
TAPE 0.0 M 0.0 Empty

Some volumes shows capcity. i am trying to make them scratch but couldn't find in the library.

Please help out this.

How get this volumes.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Mahesh V

PREDATAR Control23

Some volumes shows capcity. i am trying to make them scratch but couldn't find in the library.
That will happen automatically with reclamation.

not getting some volumes in the list, But i am getting volumes in "q vol". But when i run "q libvol" i am not getting. When i check tape library in GUI. There is volumes. Which volumes are missed in "q libvol" those volumes shows.
If they do not show in Q LIBV, they are not checked in. Try this:
Code:
audit library {library name} checklabel=barcode
The audit is just to make sure that TSM is aware of where each volume is in the library. Once the audit is complete, checkin volumes that are in the library, but not checked in:
Code:
checkin libvolume {library name} search=yes status=scratch
Once the above completed, do:
Code:
checkin libvolume {library name} search=yes status=private
Once both checkin processes have completed, recheck "q libv" for the volumes.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi ,

Thanks for giving me your suggestions. I will let you know the result.

Just let me know if any effect by running "audit library" please let me know

Thanks once again

PREDATAR Control23

Just let me know if any effect by running "audit library" please let me know
You can run HELP AUDIT LIBRARY for more details on what the command does. The short version, it ensure that TSM's tape inventory matches what is physically in the library as far as which tape is in which slot. So that when you do the checkins, you won't be missing any misplaced tapes if there are any.https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.3/srv.reference/r_cmd_library_audit.html

PREDATAR Control23

You can run HELP AUDIT LIBRARY for more details on what the command does. The short version, it ensure that TSM's tape inventory matches what is physically in the library as far as which tape is in which slot. So that when you do the checkins, you won't be missing any misplaced tapes if there are any.
Thank you so much