TSM-OC 7.1.6 Stuck At "Loading"

BDMcGrew

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Good evening all...

I just migrated TSM to a bigger, better, faster server and all is fine. Backed up database, fresh install RHEL72 on new hardware, restore db and everything works great. During the install the default selection was to install the OpsCenter so I let it install. ((( I've always had the OC on a separate box but hey, this could work ))).

The opscenter is running and on port 9080. Trying to login to localhost:9080/oc with my admin uid and password gets me the spinning icon and "Loading..." forever in my browser.

Anyone have any ideas or can you point me to some logs or how to debug this thing? I have to admin that OC has always just "worked" perfectly for me so I've never had to try to debug it and I'm not finding anything in the docs or the gargler about this problem or even how to debug it.

Thanks!

-brian

PREDATAR Control23

Righto, same thing happens.

Primarily I use Firefox on the Mac but it's the same with Safari on the Mac, Firefox on Linux, Firefox in Windows and Internet Explorer in Windows. I don't believe it's a browser problem.

PREDATAR Control23

I have done both and neither made a difference.

PREDATAR Control23

I think this might have something to do with Java on the server side since the Operations Center is Java based.
Look and see if you have Java installed and if its the latest version.

PREDATAR Control23

I did not have Java installed so I installed jre-8u91 and restarted but same problem persists.

Also, I was under the impression that all IBM products used their own version of Java? The first few lines of the opscenter.rc startup script called our a bundled version of Java:

installPath="/opt/tivoli/tsm/ui"
export PATH=$PATH:$installPath/jre/bin
export JAVA_HOME=$installPath/jre
export JVM_ARGS=-DKC_HOME=kcci_usr
opscenterPath=$installPath/Liberty/bin

start () {
$opscenterPath/server start guiServer
}

Still looking for things to try...

-brian

PREDATAR Control23

This is still a plaguing issue for me... anyone have any other ideas? Or at least know where the log files are, so I can see what's going on?

PREDATAR Control23

I have had this happen before, but I always got around it. So as noted you have put the most recent version of Java in? I know on windows I had to go in and shutdown the firewall and then there is a section for IE that you can disable security, but this was on a windows server. I am not sure what you can do from Unix. Did you try to install it on a windows box?

PREDATAR Control23

I acutally have TSM OC 7.1.4 running on a Win2K8 VM becuase I never could get it to run in Linux previously. Since 7.1.6 installed OC by default as part of the package, I just ran with it.

It'd be nice to have the OC running on the TSM server so I can take down the dedicated 2K8 VM that's running it now.

I have shutdown the firewall on the TSM Server as well as SELinux. I get the spinning pizza of death with the "Loading..." message so, I'm logged in and it appears to be the server side that is not loading.

PREDATAR Control23

This is still a plaguing issue for me... anyone have any other ideas? Or at least know where the log files are, so I can see what's going on?

Brian, check out the logs listed here, this is a good place to start looking into what may be happening.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21974929#manualgather

I would also suggest that you confirm if sessions are being opened with the hub server when the OC starts or not as well as if there are any other messages or errors in the actlog. If not then you may try to remove it and reinstall then make sure to provide the correct connection information to point it to the hub server. If you are still having issues after that you may want to open a PMR with support.

PREDATAR Control23

Hello Brian,

Why did you choose 9080 as TCP Port for OC instead of the default 11090 TCP Port ? This 9080 port is already by an internal Operations Center service (a derby database).

My advice woul be to uninstall and then reinstall OC using the standard 11090 TCP Port.

PREDATAR Control23

Brian, check out the logs listed here, this is a good place to start looking into what may be happening.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21974929#manualgather

I would also suggest that you confirm if sessions are being opened with the hub server when the OC starts or not as well as if there are any other messages or errors in the actlog. If not then you may try to remove it and reinstall then make sure to provide the correct connection information to point it to the hub server. If you are still having issues after that you may want to open a PMR with support.

I will check out the logs but I can confirm for certain the sessions are being opened when OC starts.

PREDATAR Control23

Hello Brian,

Why did you choose 9080 as TCP Port for OC instead of the default 11090 TCP Port ? This 9080 port is already by an internal Operations Center service (a derby database).

My advice woul be to uninstall and then reinstall OC using the standard 11090 TCP Port.

I wasn't given a choice. This was the default port during installation and it was grayed out so I couldn't change it. TSM was the only thing installed on the box and it was a brand-new first time install when all this popped up; so, I don't 'think' there was anything running on port 11090. And after looking, there is nothing running on 11090.

PREDATAR Control23

Quite an old thread but a quick update... I never did get this installation fixed, so I took another work around.

After upgrading to TSM717, which upgaded the OC as well, it was still broken. I uninstalled the OC with the TSM installer, downloaded the stand-alone TSMOC package from the FTP site and installed it. After installation and basic configuration, all is working now.

Still, have no clue why the previous installation was broken!