Set UTF-8 for dsmc

waelti

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I have to archive a lot of data, which where modified before 2011 (about 1.3 million files)
Therefore I have to use a filelist, but with that I have a problem. I generate the filelist with utf-8. All terminals are set to utf-8. If the filename or the path includes some special characters (ä,ö,ü,ß etc.) I see in the dsmc console for example
ANS1228E Sending of object '\\amanda\fem\SCHULUNGEN\LSDYNA\LSDYNA_Manual_gbo\dyna_einfhrung_cadfem_2002_kw19.ppt.gz' failed
ANS4005E Error processing '\\amanda\fem\SCHULUNGEN\LSDYNA\LSDYNA_Manual_gbo\dyna_einfhrung_cadfem_2002_kw19.ppt.gz': file not found
In this case  is in UTF-8 ü
If I view the text in a hexeditor the UTF-8 'ö' (hex 0xC3 0xB6) is shown in dsmc in hex as '0xC3 0x83 0xC2 0xB6' Is this UNICODE?
Is dsmc using a specific codepage (which?) or can I force him to use UTF-8?
Or are there other solutions?

Kind regards
Walter Reis

PREDATAR Control23

If the filespace is unicode, then unicode is used:
upload_2016-7-25_8-22-55.png

By default, all Windows filespaces are unicode when first created with a TSM 4.2 client or newer. You will have to generate you filelist in Unicode for this to work.

PREDATAR Control23

I converted the original UTF-8 text file (ARFEM.txt) with 'iconv -f utf-8 -t UNICODE ARFEM.txt > UNICODE.txt' to Unicode and tried to archive the rest of the files.
Worked like a charm! Thank you very much. One great problem solved.