How to disable TSM LVSA (windows client help)

bmcferon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
PREDATAR Control23

With the 5.2 and now 5.3 client levels TSM tries to do Logical Volume snapshop to process regular backups (on Windows).

I also get the following errors when trying to do a normal backup:

ANS1381W The snapshot cache location cannot be located on the same volume that is being backed up.

ANS1377W Unable to perform operation using a point-in-time copy of the filesystem on '\\servername\c$'. The backup/archive operation will continue without snapshot support.

Yeah, this is great, I dont even WANT this function, how do I turn off snapshop caching and just revert back to old pre-5.2 backup processing. (without going to 5.1 clients obviously)

Ive looked through the manuals and cant find any option client or server side that disables LVSA.

Input appreciated,

Brandon

PREDATAR Control23

Use the fileleveltype=dynamic parameter on the include.fs statement for each volume that you wish to use non-OFS backup.

For example in dsm.opt I have:

include.fs \\mymachine\c$ fileleveltype=dynamic

-Mike

PREDATAR Control23

open the client gui, utilities, setup wizard, choose open file support, then choose "help me configure open file support" then choose to Remove the TSM logical volume snapshot agent. It will ask you to reboot the machine but if you wait it does not seem to be an issue

PREDATAR Control23

The last thing you would like to use here is "fileleveltype=dynamic"
Please understand the complications, before you use it.

PREDATAR Control23

The last thing you would like to use here is "fileleveltype=dynamic"
Please understand the complications, before you use it.
Please don't respond to topics that are 11 years old. The solution given was the right one 11 years ago.