Copypool items missing at dr

apwurtsm

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

I have recently ran into problem at our latest DR test.
Items that were sent(backed up) to the backup pool, tape pool and I thought were on the copy pool were not there when I needed to restore them.
How do I ensure that everything that is backed up on the tape pool is also copied to the copy pool before the tapes are sent out to our offsite storage.

Is there a script available or can someone supply me with one to help resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

PREDATAR Control23

If you are doing daily copy to the copy pool, you should have the right copies.

Now, for assuring that these gets to offsite, that is now a defined process that is human driven. For one, make sure that the copy tapes are ejected from the library daily and sent to offsite (offsite does not necessary mean another location but somewhere outside of the library if this is a preference).

All you need to check, and script if you like:

- copy to copy pool done,
- after copy is complete, eject tapes
- remove from library
- send offsite

PREDATAR Control23

All you need to check, and script if you like:

- copy to copy pool done,
- after copy is complete, eject tapes
- remove from library
- send offsite
I'd add a database backup at the end of that and ship it with the offsite copies.

I kn0w you know that, but the OP may not.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks for the replies and the items mentioned above are done in that fashion via maintenances scripts.
Sorry for not being clear but I will looking for a script/report that could tell operations yes this item was backed up and sent out on the daily copy pool tapes.

PREDATAR Control23

If the copy to the copy pool finished, all you can do is query the system for the successful completion (you can use select statement against the table named 'summary') of this.

If you are not going though this route, just add to your script a routine that will send an e-mail when the copy process completes.