TDPSQL Point in time... restore failed

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to ask some help.

I have to restore a MSSQL db into a test server instance.
I set the virtualnode and i saw the full backups and log backups, but (after i set the restore into...and relocate settings and the needed time on the last log backup) i get this error message:

ACO5436E A failure occurred on stripe number (0), rc = 428
ACO5407E The SQL server aborted the operation.
Restore of XXX_Archive failed.
An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.
Cannot use file 'T:\SQL_Data\XXX_Archive.mdf' for clustered server. Only formatted files on which the cluster resource of the server has a dependency can be used. Either the disk resource containing the file is not present in the cluster group or the cluster resource of the Sql Server does not have a dependency on it.

File 'XXX_Archive' cannot be restored to 'T:\SQL_Data\XXX_Archive.mdf'. Use WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.

Cannot use file 'T:\SQL_Data\XXX_Archive_log.ldf' for clustered server. Only formatted files on which the cluster resource of the server has a dependency can be used. Either the disk resource containing the file is not present in the cluster group or the cluster resource of the Sql Server does not have a dependency on it.

File 'XXX_Archive_log' cannot be restored to 'T:\SQL_Data\XXX_Archive_log.ldf'. Use WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.
Problems were identified while planning for the RESTORE statement. Previous messages provide details.

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

The original sql server is in an sql cluster.

I have no idea what is wrong!
Should i set proxynode?
I read the redbook but i cant figure out what should i do...

thank you!

One thing...
I see one more instance in the restore tab...
Could it cause the error?
The opt file has only one virtualnode...it is being used by tdpsql.

I hunted for the solution and i found some article...
As its says, i should make a disk dependency on cluster resource for that disk, so its maybe not a TSM problem.
am I on right way?

Add disk dependency in cluster manager solved the problem!

Back