TS3310 Unable to define path/drive

GreenArrow

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I have deleted the paths/drives as I was having issues and now I am unable to add them back. I can add the library fine but had issues initially with defining the path, it was giving me the below error:

ANR8418E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing library TS3310.
ANS8001I Return code 15.

I have since resolve the issue by defining the path and setting On-Line to Off. Then update the path to Online.

The issue I have now is I am unable to add the drives (4 in total). I get the below error:

ANR8444E DEFINE DRIVE: Library TS3310 is currently unavailable.
ANS8001I Return code 14.

TSM 7.1.1.0 is running off Windows Server 2012 R2. I can see the Tape Library and Drives in Device Manager.

I have rebooted the server and tape library.

The server was patched over the weekend, not sure if that caused the issue. Up until then, everything was working fine. Since the patch, 3 of the 4 drives went offline and this is how the whole issue started and my attempt at rectifying it.

I'm still new to TSM, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ANR8418E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing library TS3310.
ANS8001I Return code 15.
ANR8444E DEFINE DRIVE: Library TS3310 is currently unavailable.
ANS8001I Return code 14.
Check the TSM Server activity log for additional error message(s) before and/or after these errors (HELP QUERY ACTLOG)

You can also look up the meaning of the error messages using HELP ANR####:
upload_2016-5-3_8-25-52.png

Thanks marclant.

The IBM TotalStorage 3567 Modular Tape Library have now disappeared from Device Manager. A reboot of the server did not reinstall it. I am still able to connect to the library's web interface. I have been trying to find the drivers for a reinstall but have not had any luck. Going around in circles on IBM's website!

Hi,

It's better to :
1. stop your TSM Server.
2. Update Drivers on your tape (ibm central fix)
3. Reboot your system
4. Start your TSM
5. delete path <name server TSM> <name drive> srct=server destt=drive (for all drives)
6. delete path <name server TSM> <name library> srct=server destt=libr
7. delete drive (del drive <name library> <name drive>) (for all drive)
8. delete libr

And create all
1. def library
2. def path library
3. def drive
4. def path drive

#martin_kacz
http://backupnews.fr

You might want to do a complete uninstall of the drivers, reboot, reinstall drivers and see what you get.

If that doesn't work - is this a FC or a SAS library?

If it's SAS, shut down, unplug library from server, reboot, remove drivers, reboot, reconnect library, reinstall drivers, check device manager.

If it's an FC library (liek I have) remove drivers, shut down, remove FC card, reboot, make sure it's all gone from the system cleanly, shut down, reinstall card, reinstall drivers, check device manager.

Back