TIP password reset issues: tipadmin

dubweiser

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello everyone-

I've recently taken over a TSM 7.1.3 environment and as part of the process i'm trying to get logins to all of the various bits and pieces. I'm left with the TIP. I have credentials for the user that "should" have admin access to the TIP, but when I log in with this user the "User & Groups" section is missing. I'm assuming that this account was created and not given the proper role to administer TIP users and nobody knew better. Nobody here knows the 'tipadmin' password, so I'm attempting to reset it using this method:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505399

When I run the wsadmin command I get the following error:

C:\IBM\AC\bin>wsadmin -conntype none -profileName TIPProfile
WASX7357I: By request, this scripting client is not connected to any server process. Certain configuration and application operations will be available in local mode.
WASX7029I: For help, enter: "$Help help"
wsadmin>$AdminTask changeFileRegistryAccountPassword {-userId tipadmin -password XXxXX}
WASX7015E: Exception running command: "$AdminTask changeFileRegistryAccountPassword {-userId tipadmin -password tipadmin}"; exception information: com.ibm.bsf.BSFException: error while eval'ing Jacl expression: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.EntityNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.wim.exception.
EntityNotFoundException: CWWIM4001E The 'uid=tipadmin,o=defaultWIMFileBasedRealm' entity was not found.
while executing
"$AdminTask changeFileRegistryAccountPassword {-userId tipadmin -password XXxXX}"

Any suggestions?

Do you know if you are logged in to Windows as the same user that installed TIP?

You can find out in C:\IBM\log.txt:
upload_2016-3-28_9-59-2.png

Unfortunately that log file doesn't exist in that location. I searched the drive for log.txt and did a findstr on every log.txt related to TSM with no luck.

Back