3 tapes type stgnew can't checkin

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have tapes checked out of our library on a daily basis usually copy pool tapes to be taken off site. Today 6 tapes came out and I wanted to double check where they needed to go and ran the following command:

select * from volhistory where volume_name='xxx'

For 3 of the tapes they were marked vault status so they go off site. The other three were listed as just STGNEW which if I understand correctly means they are basically new tapes and can be checked in as scratch.

We have a simple script called checkin_scratch for that function so I put the tapes in the library and ran the script that runs this command:

checkin libvolume loglib02 search=bulk checklabel=barcode status=scratch waittime=0.

In the activity log it says 0 volumes found so I'm concerned about my robotic arm as well.

Is there a better way to find out what is on these tapes? Am I misunderstanding what STGNEW can mean?

Thanks,

Am I misunderstanding what STGNEW can mean?
STGNEW means it was freshly assigned to a storage pool, so it would be a private volume. Confirm with Q VOL.

STGDELETE is what you were thinking of that can be used as scratch

Ahh ok, so really I need to find out more information about what my vault volumes belong to instead, and make sure they are put in the right place.

EDIT: They are type backupfull, so db backup volumes and we want to keep those with our copy pool so that's where they are gonna go.

SORRY and THANKS

Back