ANR2396E Backup devconfig

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
This is the error I'm trying to tackle this morning. From what I gather it is perhaps a permissions issue with the tsm server not having access to the file?

I've gone the bad route and made the path to that file accessible to anyone on the tsm server hoping that would clear it up but it hasn't yet.

The path listed in my dsmserv.opt file is correct and pointing to a file that does exist and has been written to before so I'm not sure why the server can't write to it now.

This is a linux setup and the tsm service is started by the tsm user and the file it's trying to write to exists in a directory owned by that user as well as the file is owned by that user.

In the activity log I'm seeing where it's saying it can not open that file (ANR1436E and ANR1435E) but I can't find any reason that it can't.

Assuming that directory structure is owned by the TSM User and setup correctly, does the file have write permissions?

User and group have read and write for the file

Directory is fully accessible from what I can tell all the way down. No tivoli security patches installed and currently SElinux is disabled. I haven't restarted the tivoli server since tuesday and I'd prefer not to if at all possible.

I think I see the problem. If I need to modify dsmserv.opt do I have to restart the tsm instance for the change to take effect?

Yes

But you mentioned that the file was written to before and now it is broken. Something must have changed or a change/patch applied.

Alright. Thanks for the help on this one everyone. Once I find a quiet time in tsm I'll give it an instance restart.

Yes

But you mentioned that the file was written to before and now it is broken. Something must have changed or a change/patch applied.

Yes I had been asked to change the path by the previous admin and the information he gave me for formatting the option file was wrong. I adjusted it based on the IBM file linked here and now it's working fine.

Back