TSM 7.1 Library Critical

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at my TSM servers Operations Center and notice it lists my ts3310 library as critical status but I see that I have paths online and available and some drives online / available.

I'm waiting to get access to IBM support but are there some commands I can send to TSM to 'rescan' its library status or any simple ways short of rebooting everything to try and fix this issue? So far the ibm support page has not been very fruitful.

EDIT: Some more info are the following errors I see in the alert section.

ANR8840E Unable to open device /dev/IBMchanger0
ANR8841E Initialization for SCSI library loglib02

Thanks,

Check the error report in AIX and also if you can access the device from AIX.

Would that error log be something I can view through Operations Manager, do I have to use the command line or (since this is linux, is it dumped out to /var/log/ or a different directory). Sorry for the questions but I've been given this setup and I did not get to see the installation procedure.

I know the physical library is ok. It's got power and the doors are closed. I will investigate OS logs.

I'm down the proper path. I dug through the activity log and noticed that the permissions for the dsmqsan executable were wrong. After fixing them I restarted the tivoli service and I got rid of the error attempting to talk to the library so I'm still troubleshooting but one problem is fixed at least.

SOLVED:

So it turned out that the lin_tape module had become unusable and I had to uninstall the rpms and reinstall them. The bad part was I didn't notice that until after I began the process of removing all the paths and tapes and libraries and started to rebuild them.

Everything is accessible now, from what I can tell.

Back