Unsuccessful Backups

stetsip

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
I have two servers that are running AIX 5.3 Operating System (LABSERVER and PATSERVER), two servers that are running Windows 2003 Server Operating System (PROD1 and PROD2), also I have one IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (rmt0), one IBM 3573 Tape Medium Changer (smc0) and one IBM SYSTEM STORAGE DS4700.
Oracle is running on PATSERVER.
The Tape Drive is connected with the PATSERVER and Tivoli Storage Manager is running on LABSERVER. There are 3 Policy Domains for tape backups (AIXPOLICY, ORACLE, WINTELPOLICY).
After a problem occurred of high temperature in the Computer Room the servers shut down and since then the Schedule information of TSM saw me that the daily backups are unsuccessful and the errors in activity log are for all the schedules like:

ANR2034E QUERY SPACETRIGGER: No match found using this criteria.

ANR1134E Migration is ended for storage pool DISKPOOL. There is an insufficient number of mount points available for removable media.

ANR2579E Schedule WINTEL_SCHED in domain WINTELPOLICY for node PROD1 failed (return code 12).

ANE4994S TDP Oracle AIX ANU0599 TDP for Oracle: (1061086): =>( PATSERVER_RMAN) ANU2602E The object /medrman//vhqssohn_1_1 was not found on the TSM Server.

Can please someone help me what to check to fix the problem?

Thank you

PREDATAR Control23

Check that all the drives are online (Q DRIVE F=D). If they are offline, put them online: HELP UPDATE DRIVE
Check that all the paths are online (Q PATH F=D). If they are offline, put them online: HELP UPDATE PATH

PREDATAR Control23

when i type: Q PATH i received that RMT0 DRIVE is off line.
I tried to make it on line but i received the message: ANS8001I Return code 15.
Nothing happened. Any idea for help?

PREDATAR Control23

Check the activity log right after the time you issued the update path command, to see what error it failed with. Then you can use the help to figure out what it means. For example if it failed with ANR1234E (I made up that code), you would do: HELP ANR1234E It will explain what it means and in some cases give a possible solution.

PREDATAR Control23

Is posible that I have problem with the scsi cable or adapter?
I run cfmgr on AIX and in the error report I saw IO and scsi3 error but the rmt0 and smc0 are available and not defined.
Thank you for your time.

PREDATAR Control23

The rmt0 is now online and i can take backup from the servers except one windows 2003 server which the session terminated because client did no respond within 60 secs (error ANR0481W) and session terminated because the node is idle for more than 15 mins (error ANR0482W). Any idea how can i fix this?

Thanks to marclant for his valuable help.

PREDATAR Control23

except one windows 2003 server which the session terminated because client did no respond within 60 secs (error ANR0481W) and session terminated because the node is idle for more than 15 mins (error ANR0482W). Any idea how can i fix this?
The backup would not fail for that. A backup uses a few sessions, and it's normal for some to be idle from time to time, and also normal to be terminated if idle too long, the client will start a new session later if needed. Here's more info on why sessions can get terminated: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21402687

You will have to dig further in that clients dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log for other errors that may explain why the backup failed.