Not all drives are backing up

gunnerjoe

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi All,

Server Win2008 X64 R2 / Networker 7.6.4 Client versions have tried 8.0 - 8.2

I have 3 clients, two desktops and one server that will not backup c:\. They will backup other drives like E:\ and F:\ and the :disaster recovery, but not C:\

All the systems are set to ALL Save Sets. I can right click client in Networker Administrator window and select modify, step through the config and all drives are selected there as well.

I can open the recovery console on the client and see c:\ but cannot recover any files. The client reports on the server don't show c:\ backing up either.

Any idea what would cause c:\ not backing up?

Thanks,

Joe

What is the version of the TSM Client ?
What is the version of the TSM Server that we are backing up to?
When did the issue started?
Was the dsm.opt updated with an exclude of C:?
In the dsm.opt file, how is the DOMAIN parameter set?
The default is ALL-LOCAL. If we only see DOMAIN F: , E: the TSM Client will only backup data on the E and F drive.

Are there any hints in the dsmerro.log and dsmsched.log?
If there are no hints, attempt a manual backup of C: ?

If there are still no hints.
Start the schedule service in the foreground.
Then on the TSM Server update or define a test schedule, associate the test schedule with the node.
While the schedule service is running in the foreground, watch the messages.
If you missed any message, review the dsmsched.log

If the manual backup work, does the schedule service have permission to access the C: drive?

Is the node associated with a client option set that is excluding the C: ? Hint: From the TSM Client Command Line issue q inclexcl .

Good Luck,
Sias

TSM is that a IBM thing?

All the systems are set to ALL Save Sets.

Joe

Forgive I thought that we were performing a backup via the TSM Backup/Archive Client to a TSM Server.

This forum is regarding a product that was formerly known as ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager (ADSM), that was formerly known as Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and now the product is known as IBM Spectrum Protect.
If we are not using the IBM Spectrum Protect. would need to post the question on the forum regarding the product that you are using or contact the vendor of the product.

Good Luck,
Sias

If we are not using the IBM Spectrum Protect. would need to post the question on the forum regarding the product that you are using or contact the vendor of the product.
That's kind what he did:
upload_2016-1-21_15-24-48.png

All the systems are set to ALL Save Sets.
You may have more luck in an EMC Networker specific forum, while there is a section here on ADSM.org for Networker, it's a lot less active than the TSM/Spectrum Protect section, so that means a lot less people that can help you.

You are both right. Except that their will be more people who know a thing or two about Networker on a forum dedicated to EMC products. You are still welcomed to post here, and there may be people able to help you. Good luck.

Hi All,

I have 3 clients, two desktops and one server that will not backup c:\. They will backup other drives like E:\ and F:\ and the :disaster recovery, but not C:\

All the systems are set to ALL Save Sets. I can right click client in Networker Administrator window and select modify, step through the config and all drives are selected there as well.

I can open the recovery console on the client and see c:\ but cannot recover any files. The client reports on the server don't show c:\ backing up either.

Any idea what would cause c:\ not backing up?

Thanks,

Joe

What's happening when you try to run : save C: on clients?

Back