New and changed ANR messages

arbo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the new and changed ANR server messages in the latest TSM versions (7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.3)?

From what I saw in IBM documents, they stopped noting the new and changed messages starting with version 7.

Thanks.

PREDATAR Control23

I don't see it in the documentation either. I'm sure there are additions, but unsure about changes. The changed messages are more critical for people who create alerts based on certain messages.

PREDATAR Control23

That's what I do.
My TSM servers are running on Windows, so I have events sent to the NTEVENTLOG receiver, from there they are picked up by Tivoli monitoring and sent to my e-mail.

PREDATAR Control23

Anyone has an idea?
Know where I can find the ANRs?

PREDATAR Control23

I have a file called "Maint_msg_chgs" in my installation directory on Linux. Do you?

The only problem I have with this file is that it says it shows changes from 7.1.0.0 to 7.1.1.0...and I'm at 7.1.3.100...and it would be impossible for there to be no changes from 7.1.1.0 to 7.1.3.1...but maybe this file will help you a little bit.

For historical purposes, there's also a file called Release_msg_chgs which shows cross-release message changes (ie 6.3 to 7.1).

PREDATAR Control23

I have a file called "Maint_msg_chgs" in my installation directory on Linux. Do you?

The only problem I have with this file is that it says it shows changes from 7.1.0.0 to 7.1.1.0...and I'm at 7.1.3.100...and it would be impossible for there to be no changes from 7.1.1.0 to 7.1.3.1...but maybe this file will help you a little bit.

For historical purposes, there's also a file called Release_msg_chgs which shows cross-release message changes (ie 6.3 to 7.1).

Indeed I do.
I have both "Release_msg_chgs" and "Maint_msg_chgs". I'm at 7.1.1.300, so it helps me a lot.
I wonder why you don't see another file for 7.1.3, though. I'll be upgrading to 7.1.3.100 soon, so I will need it.

In any case, thank you very much. You helped me a lot.

PREDATAR Control23

Anyonw knows where the 7.1.3 new\changed messages be found?

PREDATAR Control23

That will be my next move.
Thought to try here before...