Restore Agent getting Drive is not accessible in TSM4VE

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I have a customer that is getting errors when he tries to restore files from a VM backup on the vmware backup server. He starts up the Restore Agent, picks the server that has the data he wants, then picks the disk and mounts it. The drive shows up as E:\ (yes windows) and when he tries to access the data he gets: E:\ drive is not accessible. This is not an iSCSI mount.
When he exits the Recovery Agent he will most of the time get an APPCRASH for RecoveryAgent.exe App version is 7.1.1.156.
So the vmware backup server is running on Windows 2012 and the TDP is V7.1.1.0.
Anyone seen this before? I can find very little when I search on it.

Ok I figured it out. I had trouble locating the DSIERROR.LOG file for vmware but when I did I saw the message saying the data was offline. Simple change to the settings in the recovery agent, restart it and restore the data. All is well now.
I had pointed the customer to this a week or so ago, but had forgotten that I had said this as I assumed he would have tried out the possible solution. He was unaware of how to do this.

Hi

We have done the restore completed , and the server is up . But we receiving the error when we access the D: drive is inaccessible and media is write protected . Anyone got the same error .

Back