TSM Image Incremental backup

Hiten

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Reaction score
Hi,
I have executed the full snap shot backup for F: drive of my file server which got completed successfully. But post its completion when I try to execute the Incremental Image backup from below command I got error. Hence I tried to execute the same from BA GUI still received same error.

File Server OS : Windows 2008 STD R2 with SP1
TSM client version: 6.4.2.0

I executed below command for taking Incremental backup.
dsmc backup image F: -mode=incremental

Error obtained is as below.
ANS1813E Image Backup processing of '\\mumfilesrv000\f$' finished with failures
ANS1229E MODE=INCREMENTAL is not valid on \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeSh
adowCopy22. Image backup not processed.

I also checked VSS service in file server which is very much working. I gone through below link from IBM but could not understand "delete the file space from the server" mentioned in link.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowl....ibm.itsm.msgs.client.doc/msgs_client386.html

Previously we used to take Flat File backup Full Monthly & Daily incremental. Since the size is about 6TB we decided to implement the snapshot backup from TSM. Now stuck on same. Kindly help.

Previously we used to take Flat File backup Full Monthly & Daily incremental. Since the size is about 6TB we decided to implement the snapshot backup from TSM. Now stuck on same. Kindly help.
That's why it fails with ANS1229E.

You can delete the filespace and start fresh, or if you need the historical data, just rename the filespace instead so you can still restore from it, and start with new image+incremental.

Back