ANS4028E Error processing cannot create file/directory

HardeepSingh

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to restore files with different group ownership (i'm a root user) from TSM.
The destination path is /home/users in Linux OS.
Everytime I attempt a restore, I get the following error:

tsm> res /xyz/SDTP/abc.VSDBDWN* /home/users/johndoe/ -ina -fromdate=07/13/2015 -todate=07/18/2015 -verbose
Restore function invoked.

** Unsuccessful **
ANS4028E Error processing '/home/users/johndoe/SDTP/abc.VSDBDWN_08': cannot create file/directory entry
** Unsuccessful **
ANS4028E Error processing '/home/users/johndoe/SDTP/abc.VSDBDWN_08': cannot create file/directory entry
** Unsuccessful **
ANS4028E Error processing '/home/users/johndoe/SDTP/abc.VSDBDWN_01': cannot create file/directory entry
** Unsuccessful **
ANS4028E Error processing '/home/users/johndoe/SDTP/abc.VSDBDWN_09': cannot create file/directory entry

Am I missing something that needs to be included in the restore command?

I tried creating a SDTP folder manually too under /home/users/johndoe/SDTP ... It didn't seem to help!!

I tried creating a SDTP folder manually ...

Even though we are root, strange that the results were the same even when the directory was created.

Did we -su to root or did we log in directly as root?

If we -su to root, for what ever reason root may not have all the necessary permission.
If we are able to, log in directly as root and retry the restore.

Good Luck,
Sias

We logged in directly as root.
seems like the user's group has specific ownership that doesn't seem to be over-ridden. At-least, not with the commands I knew.
What I tried doing was:

I restored at /tmp/restore
I gave the restored folder the same group ownership as the /home/users/johndoe directory and then I switched user to johndoe.
I changed directory to /tmp/restore and moved the restored folder then to /home/users/johndoe.

It moved the files but also resulted in warning "Original Directory Ownership not preserved"
It did seem to work for the requester, but I'm looking for a more direct solution that does not involve going through the hassle of changing ownerships every time.

Back